About the Workshops
Images (L-R) : 1. US of A Dean Lawry 2. My Yiayia Margaret Tzanakos 3. Casa Mia Vyvyan Stanieri 4. Innamorati Roberta Ciabarra
"Mining my family history called up all sorts of unexpected emotional responses. The hothouse environment of the workshop provided me with the time and space to both 'skill up' in technical terms and to shape a personal process of memory into a 'record' of a particular moment in my family's life."
Participant, ACMI workshop, 2002
The workshops are conducted in the ACMI Digital Studio, a state-of-the-art facility with 30 media stations equipped to create sophisticated digital stories.
The course objectives are to:
- Introduce the Digital Storytelling methodology into a dialogue about creating new media content.
- Provide participants with an introduction to the tools of desktop video production.
Storytelling overview and scripting process
An overview of storytelling along with examples of Digital Stories are covered to help participants understand how to construct a Digital Story.
The major focus is on how to synthesise a story in a short media format with an emphasis on covering emotional content from the storyteller's perspective.
Constructing a digital story
Participants are introduced to the simple software programs they will use to create their stories. Other technical issues such as storyboarding, digitising story elements, introduction to editing systems and producing the Digital Story are covered.
Great attention is given to time management, troubleshooting and prioritising the process to assure the participants achieve the goal of a completed project.
On application to a Digital Storytelling workshop participants will be given a detailed course description. In order to get the most out of the workshop, there is some pre-work that should be done so participants will be sent information to assist in preparation for the workshop.
Who can participate
There are all kinds of stories in our lives that can be developed into multimedia pieces.
We all have a story to tell.
- Individuals - ACMI's Digital Storytelling workshops are open to all individuals who are interested in exploring the unique Digital Storytelling process. Individuals may have clear ideas of stories they want to create or they may simply be interested in investigating story options.
- Community groups - Every community has a collective memory that is made up of many individual stories. In partnership with key organisations, community groups can create unique stories that ensure a community's vital memories and identities are preserved.
- Corporate groups - Digital Storytelling offers countless opportunities to simply and creatively produce presentation content. Digital Storytelling can collect and document elements of corporate memory and the process can also provide a powerful teambuilding technique.
For information about corporate programs contact email@example.com
Check out the workshop dates and schedules