The Fantastical Imaginings of Tim Burton
Education Resource Kit
The main focus of this resource is an investigation into Tim Burton's artistic process as a filmmaker/artist and the collaborative nature of this process. The resource references art movements within visual art history as well as the intersection of art with cinema history and genre.
The resource targets middle primary school to upper secondary school students across the Arts and English.
It includes plates of his artwork and analysis of both these and his films. Activities and topics for discussion are provided throughout.
Basic content outline includes:
- Burton Biography
- Inspirations and artistic explorations:
- Burton's artistic practice
- Artistic collaborations in film:
- Production design
- The director and the composer
- The director and the actor
- The writer
- Art and film form explorations:
- The inanimate splendor of Burton's creatures'
- The Burton-esque outsider.
- 'The colourful world of the Burton-esque fairytale'
- 'Fearlessly dark'
Download The Fantastical Imaginings of Tim Burton Education Resource Kit [PDF 1.5MB]