ACMI Hothouse develops the talents of promising Victorian students in Years 10 to 12 through hands-on industry experience and career inspiration.
Tall poppies grow here.
Hothouse is a week-long intensive program for Victorian students in Years 10 to 12, aimed at nurturing creativity and moving image skills.
Ten students are hand-picked each year and dropped into a fast-paced production studio, to gain hands-on production experience, contacts in the industry and plenty of career inspiration.
To coincide with ACMI's world premiere DreamWorks Animation: The Exhibition, Hothouse 2014 focuses on animation. The program takes place over one action-packed week in the July school holidays. And best of all, it's free!
Hothouse 2014 applications are now closed.
Join our mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to this year's successful participants:
- Sarah Brennan, Highview Christian Community College
- Ernie Arthur, Red Cliffs Secondary College
- Jasper Turpie, Bendigo South East College
- Nicholas Gooch, Trinity Grammar School
- Ethan Catt, Eltham College
- Mesut Latifoglu, Sirius College
- Nick Owens, St Francis Xavier College
- Luke Proy, Parkdale Secondary College
- Spencer Wong, Northcote High School
- Stephanie Tran, Caroline Chisholm Catholic College
Hothouse is an initiative of the Victorian Government.