Access a wealth of Australian and international moving image materials spanning screen culture history.
You can view:
- On-demand digital films
- Highlights from over 100 years of Australian and international film
- Clips from Australian television
- New media and video artworks
- Student and community-made short films
- Film stills and publicity materials
What's on at the Mediatheque
See titles from the National Film and Sound Archive's Black Screen program and ACMI's extended interviews for DreamWorks Animation: The Exhibition. We frequently update our view-on-demand content.
The Mediatheque is located on the Entry Level and is open to everyone.
- General visitors > Monday to Sunday, 12 noon - 5pm
- Researcher and education bookings > by appointment - call (03) 8663 2255
Please note: proof of age may be required, as only age-appropriate material is made available to younger users.
- Digital View-on-Demand > immediate viewing > free
- DVD and VHS > same day viewing > free
- 16mm, 35mm, audio and all other titles > pre-order required > some fees may apply
The Australian Mediatheque is suitable for visitors with special access requirements. There are several dedicated viewing booths that are fully wheelchair accessible. For more information on how to get to ACMI and transport links, please see our visiting information.
Australia's Premier Moving Image Collections
Australian Centre for the Moving Image
ACMI celebrates the moving image in all its forms, presenting screenings, exhibitions, talks and workshops that let visitors experience the best of film, television and digital culture from around the world. Browse the collection.
National Film and Sound Archive
The NFSA is the nation's living archive, collecting, preserving and sharing our rich audiovisual heritage. Our national audiovisual collection holds more than 1.9 million works including moving image, sound materials, documents and artefacts. Browse the NFSA Collection.