Access a wealth of Australian and international moving image materials spanning screen culture history.
You can view:
- On-demand digital films
- Highlights from over 100 years of Australian and international film
- Australian television programs
- New media and video artworks
- Student and community-made short films
- Film stills and publicity materials
What's on at the Mediatheque
Australians and the First World War from the National Film and Sound Archive of Australia. This NFSA program includes feature films; the work of the Red Cross; training of troops; the home front and the use of animation in propaganda films.
Modern Warfare: Today’s Diggers from the Australian War Memorial. Commissioned by the AWM, these works show Australian soldiers on duty, filmed on location in Afghanistan and Iraq.
In our Words: Stories from Victorian Veterans (Part Two), as part of ACMI’s Digital Storytelling Workshops, nine Victorian war veterans tell of their experiences through digital stories. While the horror and dangers and residual trauma of war are evident, these stories also pay tribute to the qualities of mateship and bravery instilled in them by the experience.
The Mediatheque is located next to the ACMI Shop and is open to everyone.
- General visitors > Monday to Sunday, 12 noon - 5pm
- Researcher and education bookings > by appointment - call (03) 8663 2255
- Digital View-on-Demand > immediate viewing > free
- DVD and VHS > same day viewing > free
- 16mm, 35mm, audio and all other titles > pre-order required > some fees may apply
Please note: proof of age may be required, as only age-appropriate material is made available to younger users
The Australian Mediatheque is suitable for visitors with special access requirements. There are several dedicated viewing booths that are fully wheelchair accessible. For more information on how to get to ACMI and transport links, please see our visiting information.