Videogames and learning
Curriculum areas: Primary and Secondary teachers, across learning areas
The Game Lessons project is designed to support teachers to create, access and share well-designed lesson plans for impactful and meaningful learning experiences using videogames.
Game Lessons builds teacher capacity through:
- Professional learning
- The development and sharing of knowledge and research around videogames in the classroom
- Opportunities to foster the cross-curriculum potential of videogames through creation and sharing of lesson plans
Game Lessons provides participants with:
- Expert support through PD’s and video conferences
- An online resource library of lesson plans
- Recommended additional resources
- Professional, cross-disciplinary learning community
Note - you don’t need to be ‘a gamer’ to engage with the opportunities videogames offer for learning across the curriculum.
If you want to join a Victoria-wide network of teachers and experts to co-develop effective resources around videogames in the classroom, please email ACMI's Digital Education Producer, Vincent Trundle for more information ACMI Education.
Game lessons is a Victorian State Department of Education and Training SPP funded program.