Conditions of Ticket Sales and Entry to Australian Centre for the Moving Image (ACMI)
ACMI has the following Terms and Conditions of Sale of Tickets
- Tickets must be retained for inspection.
- This ticket is sold on behalf of the Organisation and may be subject to additional conditions of admission to the Event.
- Tickets may only be refunded or exchanged in accordance with the applicable conditions for the Event.
- If the Event is cancelled for any cause reasonably beyond the control of ACMI, there is no right of refund or exchange and no obligation is assumed by ACMI for arranging a substitute event.
- ACMI reserves the right to:
- deny entry; and
- to vary the Event Program, ticket prices, seating arrangements and audience capacity for the Venue.
- Late arrivals may result in non-admittance until a suitable break in the Event Program.
- Cameras, audio and video recorders may not be used within the Venue or for the still photography or recording of ACMI Exhibits. Breach of this requirement may lead to confiscation of equipment and recording medium. Mobile communication devices must be switched off during the Event.
- Entry to the Event is subject to the requirements of the classification and censorship laws in operation in Victoria.
- Entry to the Event is subject to the Conditions of Entry that apply to ACMI at Federation Square.
ACMI has the following Terms and Conditions of Public Entry
- Whenever You are on the ACMI premises You must not:
- Use photographic or recording equipment (including tripods, flash or lighting equipment) in areas where this has been restricted, or without the express permission of ACMI;
- Eat or drink in artwork display areas or other places where this is restricted;
- Smoke anywhere within the ACMI Premises;
- Bring animals onto ACMI's Premises except for Guide Dogs and other registered assistance dogs;
- Leave bags or belongings unattended.
- ACMI reserves the right to:
- Exclude or remove the public or any other person from any building, or part of any building, managed or controlled by ACMI;
- Inspect any bag, luggage or object, however described, upon entry to and before leaving the ACMI Premises;
- Use Security Closed Circuit Television cameras throughout the ACMI Premises;
- Film or photograph You while on the ACMI Premises and these images or footage may be used as part of an exhibition or installation or for marketing purposes;
- Whenever You are on the ACMI Premises You must:
- Comply with any rules or policies, established by ACMI, which are in existence at the time of your visit;
- Conduct yourself in a manner which, does not interfere with, disrupt or offend other persons on the ACMI Premises;
- Wear clothing and footwear at all times which will protect You against injury;
- At all times, supervise any children (including school students) for whom You are responsible and ensure that they do not breach any of these Terms and Conditions of Public Entry; and
- Comply with any reasonable request, including signage, by ACMI in relation to Your entry or continued presence on the ACMI Premises.
- You indemnify ACMI in respect of all claims made in connection with Your attendance at the ACMI Premises, except where such claim arises as a result of a negligent or wilful act, omission or otherwise, or an act or omission that is intended to cause damage or loss, by ACMI.
- To the full extent permitted by law, You release and discharge ACMI from all claims and demands on ACMI and any loss or damage whatsoever and whenever caused, arising from Your attendance at the ACMI Premises.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions of Public Entry are illegal or unenforceable, the offending part is to be disregarded and does not affect the remaining part.
'ACMI Exhibit' includes any media art works or films on display in any form at ACMI, Federation Square.
'Venue' means the venue at ACMI, Federation Square in which the Event takes place.
'Event' means the event for which this ticket has been purchased.
'Event Program' means the sequence of Films that have been advertised and the sequence of Films that are screened at the Event.
'Films' includes films, videos, digital media and any other media format.
'Organisation' means either ACMI or the entity / natural person that has entered into an arrangement with ACMI to use the Venue for the Event.