From 11:59pm on Thursday, January 6, 2022, the Victorian Government introduced new isolation and testing requirements for COVID-19 cases and contacts along with the reintroduction of density quotients for a range of indoor spaces. This COVIDSafe Plan has been developed in accordance with these updated Pandemic Orders and will be updated in accordance with Public Health restrictions as required to remain compliant with the Public Health and Wellbeing Act.
Download a pdf version
COVIDSafe measures at ACMI
ACMI has a range of health measures in place to keep our staff and visitors safe from COVID-19. Anyone aged 12 years and 2 months and over must be fully vaccinated. Anyone aged 18 years and over must provide proof of vaccination (or have a valid medical exemption).
Before entering the museum, a Security Guard or Visitor Experience Guide will ask to see proof that you’ve checked in, along with proof that you are fully vaccinated.
Eligible proofs of vaccination status include:
- a COVID-19 digital certificate linked to the Service Victoria app
- a COVID-19 digital certificate saved on your smartphone wallet or
- a printed copy of COVID-19 digital certificate
- a paper-copy of your Immunisation History Statement
Where appropriate, eligible proof of medical exemption should be shown to ACMI staff.
ACMI does not keep or store this information.
Learn how to get your COVID-19 digital certificate from coronavirus.vic.gov.au.
Here are some of the things you can do to keep our staff and other visitors safe before and during your visit:
- Book your exhibition visit online in advance
- Bring a face mask. Face masks are mandatory for anyone aged 8 years and over
- Arrive early – new entry requirements mean that you may need to join a queue to enter the building
- On arrival, scan the QR code for contact tracing purposes
- Present your proof of vaccination/medical exemption on entry
- Maintain at least 1.5m distance between yourself and others
- Pay with a card, not cash.
- If you are feeling unwell, please do not visit ACMI. Contact us for a refund on a paid ticket.
Other measures in place at ACMI include enhanced cleaning throughout the museum and hand sanitiser on offer on all levels. Read the full details of ACMI’s COVIDSafe plan.