Work Experience at ACMI
Work experience students can assist our Education team, helping deliver school programs in our studios and cinemas, undertaking curriculum-based research and administration activities.
ACMI offers a limited number of one-week work experience placements for Year 10 students each year. Placements at ACMI are very popular and highly sought after. Interested students are required to submit an application online.
Applications are now open and close in March 2017. Successful applicants will be notified in April 2017. Please note that we are unable to accept applications after the closing date.
Due to the overwhelming demand and limited availability of positions we cannot guarantee a placement for all applicants.
To be considered for a 2017 Work Experience Placement you must submit a resume and cover letter describing the following:
- Your interest in moving image forms including film, TV, games, digital culture and art
- Enrolment in one or more of the following secondary school subjects – Media Arts, Drama, Visual Art, Visual Communication Design and/or participation in extracurricular activities that relate to the moving image
- Experience interacting with younger children
- Your selection of one of the following weeks for placement
- Monday 8 May to Friday 12 May
- Tuesday 13 June to Friday 16 June (Monday June 12 is a public holiday)
- Monday 26 June to Friday 30 June
- Monday 28 August to Friday 1 September
NB. Responding to Key Selection Criteria is not required for work experience applications.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we may only be able to contact those who have been successful.
To apply follow the online application process.