Kids sculpt their character from clay and watch it come to life with the help of designed sets, studio lighting, sound effects and sped-up frames.
In this workshop, they will learn the tricks and techniques of stop-motion animation including how to develop a story, plan shots, create characters from clay and set backgrounds.
Used to create films such as The Curse of the Were Rabbit (2005) and Chicken Run (2000), claymation is a fun and popular animation technique involving numerous photographs of clay characters stitched together to form a short story.
For enquiries Public.Programs@acmi.net.au
- Tickets must be purchased in advance.
- Parents do not need to attend the workshop - children are fully supervised at all times.
- Children will need to bring a packed lunch, as this is not provided in the cost of the workshop.
- Children will also need a signed and completed participation agreement.
- In the event of cancellation, ticket holders are notified directly and a full refund is provided.
- The cost of this workshop includes a USB flash drive containing your finished film.
- Ages 7 to 11.
- Workshop runs from 10am - 4pm.