Kids learn coding using visual programming software to make a video game.
In this two-day interactive workshop, they will learn about the design and programming that form the building blocks of game development and coding. Your kids will gain skills in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Maths), discovering its importance through videogames.
This beginner's workshop gives your child an understanding of scripting or traditional programming, using a visual approach to game development and design.
Ticket enquiries Public.Programs@acmi.net.au
- Children must have basic computer literacy and mouse skills, and will require access to a valid email address to sign up for Scratch.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance.
- Parents do not need to attend the workshop - children are fully supervised at all times.
- Children will need to bring a packed lunch, as this is not provided in the cost of the workshop.
- Children will also need a signed and completed participation agreement.
- In the event of cancellation, ticket holders are notified directly and a full refund is provided.
- Workshop is for children aged 9-14.
- Workshop runs from 10am - 4pm daily.