Kids bring their story to life through the power of animation! They work together with other kids to learn about the power of narrative using techniques such as character design, script-writing, lighting, music and sound design.
In this workshop kids develop a story by brainstorming, scripting and storyboarding ideas through a collaborative process and discover the technical side of stop-motion animation by learning how to create amazing characters from clay. Finally, they use cameras and software to build a short animated film.
Their characters gain a voice as your kids record dialogue in our sound-booth and build their world using music and sound-effects.
Used to create films such the Wallace and Gromit series, Mary and Max (2009) and Pingu, Claymation is a fun and popular animation technique involving numerous photographs of clay characters stitched together to form a short story.
For enquiries Public.Programs@acmi.net.au
- Tickets must be purchased in advance.
- Parents do not need to attend the workshop - children are fully supervised at all times.
- Children will need to bring a packed lunch, as this is not provided in the cost of the workshop.
- Children will also need a signed and completed participation agreement.
- In the event of cancellation, ticket holders are notified directly and a full refund is provided.
- Cost includes a USB flash drive containing your finished film.
- Ages 9-14.
- Workshop runs from 10am - 4pm daily.