In this hands-on, creative and technical filmmaking workshop, kids work in a small group to learn the basics of writing, directing, acting in and editing a short film.
Over three days, kids work together under the guidance of experienced staff. Participants create a team name for their own movie studio, pitch their ideas, write a script, produce a storyboard, act, direct, and operate a camera.
Filming on location at ACMI and around Federation Square, participants then cut the film together in our post-production studio, adding special effects and a soundtrack.
For enquiries Public.Programs@acmi.net.au
- Tickets must be purchased in advance.
- Parents do not need to attend the workshop - children are fully supervised at all times.
- Children will need to bring a packed lunch, as this is not provided in the cost of the workshop.
- Children will also need a signed and completed participation agreement.
- In the event of cancellation, ticket holders are notified directly and a full refund is provided.
- Cost includes a take-home USB flash drive containing the finished film.
- Ages 9-14
- Workshop runs from 10am - 4pm daily.