Visiting information for families
- Family Sunday activities are free; drop in any time between 11am-4pm.
- Buy tickets to Wallace & Gromit and Friends here. A family ticket (two adults, two children) is $65, and children under 4 years old visit the exhibition without charge. There is a space for storing prams in this gallery.
- Code Breakers: Women in Games is a free exhibition of games open every day 10am-5pm. The exhibition is suitable for children and teenagers. Weekends are busier than weekdays, and there is some seating available.
- Infant change facilities are available on the galleries level and level 1, as well as inside Wallace & Gromit and Friends.
- Explore what's on for families.
Public transport near ACMI
We're right next to Flinders St train station, as well as bus and tram services.
Flinders Street trams
Routes 70, 75 and the City Circle stop on Flinders St next to Flinders St station.
Swanston Street trams
Routes 1, 3, 5, 6, 16, 64, 67, 72 stop on Swanston St next to Flinders St station.
A taxi rank is located across the road from Fed Square outside Flinders St station.
- The Flinders St entrance is located next to Beer DeLuxe. There is a revolving door and a glass door, both serviced by a ramp. These doors lead you to the galleries level, which is perfect if you've pre-purchased exhibition tickets online.
- The Fed Square entrance is located at the top of Fed Square. It has automatic doors, and it can be accessed through Fed Square where there is a mild incline, or via the stairs from Flinders St. These doors lead you straight to the tickets and information desk.
- The cinemas can be accessed via lift or stairs and escalator from either entrance.
During your visit
Lifts are available to help prams access the cinemas and gallery 1.
Prams can be stored during your visit to gallery 1, but elsewhere in the building they will need to stay with you.
Lockers are available to store your extra bags. They're located outside studio 1 on level 1.
The cafe and bar has a kids menu of classics and favourites for $12, and there are delicious adult options to keep parents happy too.
You can also pick up popcorn and choc tops here, and if you bring a reusable coffee cup your hot beverage is only $2.5.
Bathrooms and change facilities
We have baby change facilities, as well as wheelchair-accessible and all-gender bathrooms on the galleries level and level 1, as well as inside gallery 1.