ACMI + RMIT Audience Lab
Got a moving image product in development? Looking for the feedback that'll help you make those key decisions?
The ACMI + RMIT Audience Lab invites game developers, filmmakers, moving image artists, tech wizards and individual creators to show their products/works at ACMI and gather audience feedback.
We love the moving image, and are very open to different types of products eg. Dual channel video artwork, short form content developed for YouTube, interactive VR/AR. We are also interested in products that are at different stages in the development process eg. Storyboards and scripts right through to final edits.
In addition to free use of the space, the Audience Lab program includes:
- A workshop on experience design for testing, and how to get the most mileage out of your research
- Operational support for your staff on the testing day
- Access to a range of audiovisual equipment
- Marketing support for the testing days.
Projects tested out at past Audience Labs
From Chrissy Teigen to Blink-182, House House's game about a pesky goose took the world by storm in 2019.
"Getting feedback from ACMI's audience was vital in finishing The Gardens Between." – Simon Joslin, The Voxel Agents
Keen to be involved?
Participants will need to provide:
- A concept, build or prototype to "exhibit" for audience testing (ideally something to best-test, or otherwise some way to provide feedback on a concept)
- Any specialised hardware or software required for testing
- Any conceptual materials required for testing
- Adequate team to manage testing on the day
- Promotion of their involvement in the event to audiences and stakeholders.
Our selection process
All applications are reviewed by selection committee comprised of ACMI and RMIT staff. The committee will be considering the following criteria when selecting successful applicants:
- Appropriateness and appeal to ACMI audiences
- Relevance and relationship to moving image and screen culture
- Team and product preparedness for testing
- Benefit of testing to team and product
- Fit within Audience Lab program as a whole, with a spread across ACMI’s core remit of film, television, videogames, art and digital culture.
To be informed when Expressions of Interest are open, please subscribe to our newsletters.
Test out and get a sneak peek at works from the hottest and newest moving image creatives.