About the exhibition
Game Masters is a highly interactive video game exhibition, showcasing the world's most influential video game designers.
From the arcade era to the latest console, PC, mobile and tablet game technology, this exhibition takes visitors behind the scenes, showcasing how video games are made as well as their makers.
Tour slots available from June 2017 onwards.
For more information please contact: email@example.com
See and play Nintendo's iconic character-led worlds featuring Mario and Link, or the immersive worlds of Blizzard Entertainment, the musical notes of Rock Band or the atmospheric narratives of Flower and Journey by thatgamecompany.
Game Masters presents rare concept artwork, revealing interviews and large-scale interactive displays showcasing the radically varied approach each of these designers brings to the creation of videogames.
- Created, produced and managed by ACMI
- Designed for 1000sqm but adaptable down to 700sqm
- Divided into three key sections: Arcade Heroes, Game Changers and Indies
- Supported by strong marketing campaign collateral
- Opportunities to add local content
"The exhibition is innovative and demonstrates admirable curatorial rigour in the research and investigation that has gone into its realisation."
- Museums Australia 2013 MAGNA award for Best Australian Touring Exhibition
"If you have any interest at all in the history of videogames, or in the brilliant creative minds that think them up, you owe it to yourself to check it out."
- Sydney Morning Herald review
"What we encountered at Game Masters was nothing short of astounding… I came away from Game Masters not only reinvigorated about video games but also with a fresh appetite to expect more from museums."
- Wired review