Imagine a world where nothing is impossible.
Wonderland is the first ever large-scale immersive exhibition celebrating the timeless stories of Lewis Carroll.
The exhibition reveals the power of storytelling and the moving image, exploring Alice’s adventures across time, cultures and media. Audiences engage with Alice interactively through the evolution of special effects; from pre-cinema and silent films, to animation, puppetry, live action and CGI.
Perfect for families and fans, students, art and film lovers alike, Wonderland invites visitors down the rabbit hole on a journey like no other. The more curious you are, the more you’ll discover.
- Created by ACMI with a leading team of Australian collaborators
- Size 1,000 sq/m (10,000 sq/ft)
- 300+ never-seen-before original objects and props
- 40+ featured moving image and interactive exhibits
- 10 immersive environments and playful digital experiences including The Lost Map of Wonderland
- Craft and digital based activities for kids and families
- Minimum 12 weeks display period
Art Science Museum, Singapore
13 Apr – 22 Sept 2019
Te Papa, Wellington, New Zealand
7 Dec 2019 – 8 Mar 2020
WA Museum Boola Bardip, Perth, Australia
17 Dec 2022 – 23 Apr 2023
In the press
Wonderland is charming and engaging throughout, and much of the material is fascinating. This is no boring old museum, this is ACMI
The Guardian, 16 April 2018
Wonderland explores how this precocious heroine inspired revolutionary filmmaking, from groundbreaking special effects and animation to evocative storytelling and technological development.
Explore a rich literary text across multiple curriculum areas. Engage with evocative storytelling, creative filmmaking and innovative technologies.