ACMI is deeply committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children visiting, engaging and working with us and to creating and maintaining a child safe environment. ACMI recognises, respects and promotes children’s rights and takes all necessary steps to prevent and protect children from physical, sexual, emotional, psychological, and cultural abuse and neglect.
ACMI has zero tolerance for child abuse and racism. We value diversity and will not tolerate discriminatory practices.
All children working with, engaged by, visiting or engaging with ACMI have a right to feel and be safe, respected, valued and protected from harm. ACMI supports and respects children and considers the opinions of children.
In recognition of the increased vulnerabilities of particular groups of children, we pay particular attention to:
- the cultural safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children
- the cultural safety of children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds
- the safety of children and to providing a safe environment for Deaf and disabled children
- the safety of children who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and/or intersex
- the safety of children in out of home care and youth justice.
Contact us at email@example.com for more information about ACMI’s Child Safe and Wellbeing Policy and procedure.