Welcome to ACMI. We value diversity and are committed to providing a safe and welcoming space for all of our visitors.
By entering ACMI, you agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions of Public Entry. These are by-laws made in accordance with the Film Act 2001. They apply to the ‘premises’; this means any building, or part of any building, managed or controlled by ACMI.
Photography & Filming
Private, non-commercial photography and videography (ie. for personal use) is welcomed at ACMI. However, restrictions on the use of photographic or recording equipment may apply for particular sections of exhibitions and/or certain events. Where restrictions apply, signs will be posted at the point of entry.
While on the ACMI premises you must not:
- Eat or drink in exhibition display areas or other places where this is restricted.
- Smoke tobacco or any other substance or use any type of nicotine vapour device
- Bring or consume your own alcohol
- Enter under the influence of, consume, or carry illegal drugs
- Without approval, display any advertising material, offer for sale or hire any article or item, conduct a commercial business, solicit money from individuals, or recruit or attempt to recruit membership in any type of organisation whatsoever
- Bring animals onto ACMI’s premises, except for registered assistance dogs such as guide dogs
- Leave bags or belongings unattended
ACMI reserves the right to:
- Exclude or remove the public or any other person from the ACMI premises including, but not limited to, those adversely affected by drugs or alcohol
- Inspect any bag, luggage or object, however described, upon entry to and before leaving the ACMI premises
- Use Security Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras throughout the ACMI premises
- Film or photograph you while on the ACMI premises and these images or footage may be used as part of an exhibition or installation or for marketing or legal purposes
While on ACMI premises you must:
- Comply with any current ACMI rules or policies including the Terms and Conditions of Sale available from the ticket desk or online at Terms and Conditions of Sale
- Conduct yourself in a manner which does not interfere with, disrupt or offend other persons on the ACMI premises. ACMI will not tolerate any abuse directed towards ACMI staff, volunteers, contractors or other visitors, and will not tolerate behaviour that is discriminatory or abusive based on, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality or religion.
- Wear clothing and footwear which will protect you from injury
- Supervise any children (including school students) for whom you are responsible and ensure that they do not breach any of these Terms and Conditions of Public Entry
- Comply with any reasonable request, including signage, by ACMI in relation to your entry or continued presence on the ACMI premises
- Be accompanied by a supervising adult if you are aged under 13 years
- Comply with any requests to cloak items
- Comply with any restrictions on use of photographic or recording equipment (including tripods, flash or light equipment)
The following items are prohibited on ACMI premises:
- Any kind of knife, weapon or other item or substance restricted by law
- Tripods, aerosol containers, rolled prints/posters, metal tip umbrellas, balloons;
- Any other item which in the discretion of ACMI’s security officer is considered capable of being used to cause damage to ACMI’s premises, the public or collection items or conceal a collection item for removal
To the full extent permitted by law, you release, discharge and indemnify ACMI from all claims and demands on ACMI and any loss or damage whatsoever and whenever caused, arising from your attendance at the ACMI premises, except where such claim arises as a result of a negligent or wilful act or omission by ACMI.
If any of these Terms and Conditions of Public Entry are illegal or unenforceable, the offending part is to be disregarded and does not affect the remaining part.