If you're visiting our summer exhibition Philippe Parreno: Thenabouts, or if you've already been and it's left you wanting more, explore some of the following seminal films and auteurs.
The links will take you to Letterboxd – a film social media database which points you to places you can access the films online, as well as reviews and ratings from users.
- Jean-Pierre Melville (Le Samourai, 1967; Le Cercle Rouge, 1970)
- Pier Paolo Pasolini (Teorema,1968; The Decameron, 1971 )
- Jean Douchet
- Sean Durkin (Martha Marcy May Marlene, 2011)
- Terrence Malick
- Jacques Rivette
- Antonioni (L’Eclisse, 1962; Blow-Up, 1966)
- Jean-Luc Godard (Alphaville, 1965; Pierrot le Fou, 1965)
- David Lynch
- Kathryn Bigelow (Point Break, 1991; Strange Days, 1995)
- Don Siegel (Invasion of the Body Snatchers, 1956)