Australia’s premier event for documentary and factual storytelling across all forms returns to ACMI in 2023.
AIDC 2023 celebrates the people and the practices working to elevate documentary and factual storytelling. Through this year's theme, Agents of Change', AIDC 2023 will highlight the changemakers of nonfiction storytelling, and bring focus to the champions of the craft leading the way for the creation of bold stories with real world impact.
Featuring over 40 spotlight sessions, panels and masterclasses, and Australia’s only dedicated nonfiction screen content marketplace, AIDC 2023 will present an unmissable program of knowledge, networking and business opportunities for anyone working in documentary or factual media.
AIDC 2023 highlights include:
- Exclusive keynotes by international talents Sara Dosa, director of the multi-award-winning Fire of Love; Shaunak Sen, director of the Cannes Golden Eye and Sundance Grand Jury Prize-winning All That Breathes, and Daniel Roher, director of the gripping political documentary Navalny.
- The FACTory International Pitching Showcase, AIDC’s centrepiece pitch for new documentary and factual projects.
- The 3rd Annual AIDC Awards, recognising outstanding new Australian documentary and factual features, series, podcasts, and more.
- The curated Cut to the Chase marketplace, which carefully matches creators and producers with industry decision makers for one-on-one meetings.
- A public access program of compelling film Screenings and talks, co-presented with ACMI.
AIDC 2023 offers a full range of pass options depending on attendee needs and means, including All Access passes for those wanting access to sessions and the marketplace, and Sessions passes for those wanting session access only.
Register now | View the program
AIDC 2023 Program
The full program for AIDC 2023 is now live, featuring 100+ speakers, 40+ sessions, and 100+ industry decision makers from across nonfiction screen and digital media. 5–8 March 2023 at ACMI Melbourne, with an online international marketplace 9-11 March 2023.
ACMI and AIDC celebrate this year’s conference with a curated film program showcasing local and global documentaries and change-makers.
Plan your visit
COVIDSafe visitor guidelines, information on accessibility, amenities, transport, dining options and more.
Looking for dining options?
Our restaurant, cafe and bar in the heart of Fed Square features a seasonally driven menu developed by acclaimed Melbourne chef Karen Martini.