Australia’s premier event for documentary and factual storytelling across all forms returns in-person at ACMI in 2022.
This year’s theme, Bearing Witness, considers how documentaries have brought us vital stories from the frontlines during a time of immense social upheaval, environmental crisis, political unrest and pandemic-driven changes.
Despite these pressures, documentarians have continued to turn their lenses to all corners of the globe, expanding our knowledge of the world we live in, giving visibility and voice to the underrepresented and acting as an agent of change.
For the first time delivered in-person at ACMI and simultaneously online, AIDC 2022 will present an unmissable program of knowledge, networking and business opportunities for anyone working in documentary, factual and other forms of nonfiction content.
AIDC 2022 highlights include:
- Exclusive keynotes by Eva Orner, director of acclaimed documentaries Burning and Chasing Asylum and co-producer of Taxi to the Dark Side; Ted Hope, producer of over 70 features and former Head of Movies at Amazon; and Nanfu Wang, director of In the Same Breath, One Child Nation and Hooligan Sparrow; with many more guests to be announced.
- The FACTory International Pitching Showcase, AIDC’s centrepiece pitch for new documentary and factual projects.
- The 2nd Annual AIDC Awards, recognising outstanding new Australian documentary and factual features, series, podcasts, and more.
- The curated online Cut to the Chase marketplace, which carefully matches creators and producers with industry decision makers for one-on-one meetings.
- A public access program of compelling film screenings and talks, co-presented with ACMI.
AIDC 2022 offers a full range of pass options depending on attendee needs and means, including All Access passes for those wanting access to sessions and the marketplace, and Focus passes for those wanting session access only. Delegates can also choose to attend in-person with the Hybrid pass variant, or to participate from anywhere in the world with the Virtual pass variant. Register now