Volunteering at ACMI
Do you have a passion for film & TV, video games, digital culture or art?
If you do, consider joining our amazing team of volunteers. It’s a great way to get involved in the ACMI community, learn more about the industry and gain valuable experience in a cultural organisation.
Who can volunteer?
Our incredible volunteers have all kinds of experience and expertise. Our diverse team is made up of around 120 students, teachers, retirees, parents, artists and people looking to re-enter the workforce. Volunteering at ACMI is for everyone who wants to share their love of the moving image with the public.
What do volunteers do?
Volunteers receive training and perform a variety of duties, depending on their interest area, skills and experience. Some examples of volunteer activities include:
- assisting front-of-house in the museum, as well as at events and exhibitions
- giving visitors short introductions to galleries and exhibitions
- helping out with school and holiday screen workshops.
Why volunteer at ACMI?
Volunteers at ACMI have a truly unique experience. As an ACMI volunteer, you will:
- learn more about moving image culture through specialised museum training and curatorial briefings
- meet like-minded film lovers and creative professionals
- be able to share your knowledge and passion for the moving image with our visitors
- gain experience in a leading cultural organisation
- be rewarded with special access to ACMI programs, exclusive events and previews.
Volunteers (in agreement with ACMI) contribute either weekly or fortnightly for an initial term of six months.
The ACMI Volunteer Program is currently at capacity. We expect our next recruitment intake will be in mid-2019.