ACMI is the premier excursion destination for 2021.
Bring your students to visit to our brand-new centrepiece exhibition, The Story of the Moving Image, between 10 am – 12 pm on Wednesdays or Thursdays in March 2021.
Discover how inventors, innovators and artists have been wielding light, splitting time and capturing motion in a technological revolution that continues today.
The exhibition's five sections explore the origins and future of cinema and the moving-image, production design and the creative process, Australian culture and stories, the rise of videogames, and how screens inform, influence and empower us.
But the stories really come to life in the interactive exhibits: students will get to animate shadows, craft optical toys, experiment with time, assemble film scenes and create soundscapes in a custom Foley studio.
Term 2 program and bookings open March 15 2021.
COVID-safe visit guidelines
We’re following advice from the Victorian Chief Health Officer about how to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission. Here are some of the measures we have in place – things that you can do – to keep our staff and visitors safe:
- Book your timed visit online in advance. Due to current regulations, we are unable to allow access to schools who have not booked ahead.
- Arrive at our Flinders Street entrance on the day of your booking and meet our staff at the Green Flag marked School meeting point.
- On arrival, scan the QR code for contact tracing purposes
- Maintain at least 1.5m distance between yourself and others
- Wear a mask when you cannot maintain 1.5m distance from others
Wednesdays and Thursdays throughout March 2021
10 am - 12 pm