Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions of sale
A valid ticket must be produced to gain entry to a ticketed event (including films, exhibitions, programs and other events). Ticket holders should be prepared to produce valid identification, member and concession cards (if applicable) at point of entry.
Bookings cannot be made without full receipt of payment.
Some tickets are sold by ACMI as agent for the event owner or sponsor. In such cases the terms and conditions of the event owner or sponsor will also apply. Details of these terms will normally be available on the event page on ACMI’s website.
ACMI reserves the right to cancel a ticket and refund the amount paid.
Lost, destroyed or stolen tickets will not be replaced unless ACMI is able to identify and cancel the relevant ticket.
Tickets are non-refundable. Where permitted, exchanges or transfers will incur a processing feeIf the event is cancelled or re-scheduled, ACMI will use reasonable endeavours to issue refunds on request. However:
If the event is cancelled or re-scheduled due to any cause beyond ACMI’s reasonable control, there is no right of refund or exchange and ACMI is not obliged to arrange a substitute event.
Some tickets are sold by ACMI as agent for the event owner. Where this is the case, the event owner will determine if and when to issue refunds or exchanges.
ACMI will request and record personal information as necessary for the ticket purchase and event. These details will not be used for any other purpose or disclosed without your consent unless you permit us to do so. The collection, use and management of personal information is regulated by the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic). Please see our Privacy page for further information. If you do not wish to provide personal information you can transact anonymously by purchasing tickets in person at our Ticket & Information Desk.
All access to ACMI’s premises are subject to our Terms and Condition of Public Entry
ACMI may deny entry and/or vary the event program, seating/venue arrangements and audience capacity in its discretion.
Cameras and recording equipment must not be used within the premises for the still photography or recording of films or exhibitions, unless clearly stated otherwise at the point of entry. Additional restrictions on the use of photographic or recording equipment may apply for particular events, in which case signs will be posted at the point of entry.
Mobiles must be switched off during films and events.
Late arrivals may result in non-admittance until a suitable break in the event program.
Entry to events is subject to classification laws. If you do not meet stated age limits you may be denied entry.
To the extent permitted by law, ACMI has no liability to you beyond the amount paid to ACMI for a ticket.
These terms may be varied at any time, including for specific events. The variations will be made effective by posting the varied or additional terms on ACMI’s website.
Terms and conditions of public entry
ACMI has the following terms and conditions of public entry:
By entering ACMI, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions of public entry. These are by-laws made in accordance with the Film Act 2001. They apply to the ‘premises’; this means any building, or part of any building, managed or controlled by ACMI.
While on the ACMI premises you must not:
- Eat or drink in exhibition display areas or other places where this is restricted
- Smoke tobacco or any other substance or use any type of nicotine vapour device
- Bring animals onto ACMI’s premises, except for registered assistance dogs such as guide dogs
- Leave bags or belongings unattended
- Bring or consume your own alcohol
- Enter under the influence of, consume, or carry illegal drugs
- Without approval, display any advertising material, offer for sale or hire any article or item, conduct a commercial business, solicit money from individuals, or recruit or attempt to recruit membership in any type of organisation whatsoever
ACMI reserves the right to:
- Exclude or remove the public or any other person from the ACMI premises including, but not limited to, those adversely affected by drugs or alcohol
- Inspect any bag, luggage or object, however described, upon entry to and before leaving the ACMI premises
- Use Security Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras throughout the ACMI premises
- Film or photograph you while on the ACMI premises and these images or footage may be used as part of an exhibition or installation or for marketing or legal purposes
While on ACMI premises you must:
- Comply with any currency ACMI rules or policies including the ticketing Terms and Conditions of Sale and Entry available from the ticket desk or online at Terms and Conditions of Sale
- Conduct yourself in a manner which, does not interfere with, disrupt or offend other persons on the ACMI premises. ACMI will not tolerate any abuse directed at towards ACMI staff, volunteers, contractors or other visitors
- Wear clothing and footwear at all times which will protect you from injury
- At all times, supervise any children (including school students) for whom you are responsible and ensure that they do not breach any of these Terms and Conditions of Public Entry
- Comply with any reasonable request, including signage, by ACMI in relation to your entry or continued presence on the ACMI premises
- Be accompanied by an adult if you are aged under 13 years
- Comply with any requests to cloak items
- Comply with any restrictions on use of photographic or recording equipment (including tripods, flash or light equipments)
To the full extent permitted by law, you release, discharge and indemnify ACMI from all claims and demands on ACMI and any loss or damage whatsoever and whenever caused, arising from your attendance at the ACMI premises, except where such claim arises as a result of a negligent or wilful act or omission by ACMI.
If any of these Terms and Conditions of Public Entry are illegal or unenforceable, the offending part is to be disregarded and does not affect the remaining part.