Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions of sale of tickets
ACMI has the following terms and conditions of sale of tickets:
- Tickets must be retained for inspection
- This ticket is sold on behalf of the Organisation and may be subject to additional conditions of admission to the Event
- Tickets may only be refunded or exchanged in accordance with the applicable conditions for the Event
- If the Event is cancelled for any cause reasonably beyond the control of ACMI, there is no right of refund or exchange and no obligation is assumed by ACMI for arranging a substitute event
ACMI reserves the right to:
a. deny entry; and
b. to vary the event program, ticket prices, seating arrangements and audience capacity for the Venue.
- Cameras, audio and video recorders may not be used within the Venue or for the still photography or recording of ACMI Exhibits. Breach of this requirement may lead to confiscation of equipment and recording medium. Mobile communication devices must be switched off during the Event
- Late arrivals may result in non-admittance until a suitable break in the Event Program
- Entry to the Event is subject to the requirements of the classification and censorship laws in operation in Victoria.
- Entry to the Event is subject to the Conditions of Entry that apply to ACMI at Fed Square
Terms and conditions of public entry
ACMI has the following terms and conditions of public entry:
By entering ACMI, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions of public entry. These are by-laws made in accordance with the Film Act 2001. They apply to the ‘premises’; this means any building, or part of any building, managed or controlled by ACMI.
While on the ACMI premises you must not:
- Eat or drink in exhibition display areas or other places where this is restricted
- Smoke tobacco or any other substance or use any type of nicotine vapour device
- Bring animals onto ACMI’s premises, except for registered assistance dogs such as guide dogs
- Leave bags or belongings unattended
- Bring or consume your own alcohol
- Enter under the influence of, consume, or carry illegal drugs
- Without approval, display any advertising material, offer for sale or hire any article or item, conduct a commercial business, solicit money from individuals, or recruit or attempt to recruit membership in any type of organisation whatsoever
ACMI reserves the right to:
- Exclude or remove the public or any other person from the ACMI premises including, but not limited to, those adversely affected by drugs or alcohol
- Inspect any bag, luggage or object, however described, upon entry to and before leaving the ACMI premises
- Use Security Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras throughout the ACMI premises
- Film or photograph you while on the ACMI premises and these images or footage may be used as part of an exhibition or installation or for marketing or legal purposes
While on ACMI premises you must:
- Comply with any current ACMI rules or policies including the ticketing Conditions of Sale and Entry available from the ticket desk or online at http://www.acmi.net.au/visit-us/ticketing-information/
- Conduct yourself in a manner which, does not interfere with, disrupt or offend other persons on the ACMI premises. ACMI will not tolerate any abuse directed at towards ACMI staff, volunteers, contractors or other visitors
- Wear clothing and footwear at all times which will protect you from injury
- At all times, supervise any children (including school students) for whom you are responsible and ensure that they do not breach any of these Terms and Conditions of Public Entry
- Comply with any reasonable request, including signage, by ACMI in relation to your entry or continued presence on the ACMI premises
- Be accompanied by an adult if you are aged under 13 years
- Comply with any requests to cloak items
- Comply with any restrictions on use of photographic or recording equipment (including tripods, flash or light equipments)
To the full extent permitted by law, you release, discharge and indemnify ACMI from all claims and demands on ACMI and any loss or damage whatsoever and whenever caused, arising from your attendance at the ACMI premises, except where such claim arises as a result of a negligent or wilful act or omission by ACMI.
If any of these Terms and Conditions of Public Entry are illegal or unenforceable, the offending part is to be disregarded and does not affect the remaining part.