This holidays, your child can learn the basics of filmmaking and become the next big thing in movies.
In this hands-on, creative and technical filmmaking workshop, kids work in a small group to learn the basics of crafting, directing, acting in and editing a short film.
Over two days, kids work together under the guidance of experienced staff. Participants create a team name for their own movie studio, pitch their ideas, write a script outline, act, direct, and operate a camera.
Filming on location at ACMI and around Federation Square. Participants then cut the film together in our post-production studio, adding special effects and a soundtrack.
- Ages 9–14 only
- Children do not need to be accompanied by parents at these workshops
- All our deliverers are trained teachers with VIT registration, or arts practitioners with WWC cards
- Lunch is not provided as part of the workshop – children need to bring a packed lunch
- Please download and complete the participation form, and bring on the day of the workshop
- If your child has additional needs or requires extra assistance, please get in touch with us prior to the workshop.
28–29 Jun 2021
See below for additional related events