9 & 10 Jan 2023
10am – 4pm
See below for additional related events
TicketsBook a place
In this hands-on and creative filmmaking workshop, your kids can learn the basics of producing, directing and acting in a short film.
Over two days, your kids will work together in small groups, under the guidance of experienced staff, to create a team name for their own movie studio, pitch their ideas, write a script outline, act, direct, and operate a camera.
After filming on location at ACMI and around Federation Square, the group will then cut the film together in our post-production studio, adding special effects and a soundtrack.
- Ages 9–13 only
- Children do not need to be accompanied by parents at these workshops
- All our deliverers are trained teachers with VIT registration, or arts practitioners with WWC cards
- Lunch is not provided as part of the workshop – children need to bring a packed lunch
- Please download and complete the participation form, and bring it on the day of the workshop
- If your child has additional needs or requires extra assistance, please get in touch with us prior to the workshop.
Explore the past, present and future of films, TV, videogames and art in The Story of the Moving Image. Collect items in the exhibition using your FREE Lens device, and create lasting memories with our range of fun, interactive exhibits for the whole family.
As well as great coffee and snacks, our restaurant, Hero, features a menu for all ages, developed by acclaimed Melbourne chef Karen Martini.