Does your child love movies? Now they can learn to make their own and star in them!
Your kids can take the first steps on their filmmaking journey with this hands-on creative workshop designed for lower-middle primary ages.
Our experienced staff will guide your kids to plan and create a short film using only a tablet. From planning a story to shooting and editing, kids will participate in all aspects of movie creation while making new friends along the way. They will also learn skills to continue their exploration of movie-making at home with their own devices.
- Ages 6–9 only
- Children do not need to be accompanied by parents at these workshops
- All our deliverers are trained teachers with VIT registration, or arts practitioners with WWC cards
- Lunch is not provided as part of the workshop – children need to bring a packed lunch
- Please download and complete the participation form, and bring on the day of the workshop
- If your child has additional needs or requires extra assistance, please get in touch with us prior to the workshop.
1 & 8 Jul 2022
See below for additional related events
TicketsBook a place
Explore the past, present and future of films, TV, videogames and art in The Story of the Moving Image. Collect items in the exhibition using your FREE Lens device, and create lasting memories with our range of fun, interactive exhibits for the whole family.
Read our COVIDSafe visitor guidelines, information on accessibility, amenities, transport, dining options and more.
Browse a range of books, toys and games, curiosities and branded merchandise. Every purchase supports your museum of screen culture.
Located on the Ground Floor at ACMI, Fed Square, Flinders Street.